Dept 56 Display Tips by Elizabeth Dinger
Display Tips for Your Collectible Houses by Elizabeth Dinger is a great
addition to your storehouse of
Department 56 lighted village display ideas.
you are new to collecting or you are trying your hand at a large scale
display for the first time, you'll appreciate the step-by-step
approach that comes complete with lots of tips, photos, and fun.
In short order, this book walks you through the process of first dreaming
up and then setting up your lighted Christmas village display.
forget to check out the author's latest ebook on displaying villages, "Dept
56 Displays by Number".
Read a review.
One of the toughest tasks beginning villagers face is what to do first.
Looking at display ideas on the many Department 56 web sites
online helps, but few sites show you the steps along the way. In fact the
job can seem overwhelming. And if you've started in on creating your
display, but find that you are knocking over trees, bumping accessories
around, and generally getting frustrated, you could benefit from advice on
what do and in what order to do it.
Elizabeth helps you solve all these problems and answers your questions
- How big should my display be and how many houses should I have to
- What comes first, buildings or mountains?
- Should I mix several different series together?
- What's an easy way to handle cords and lights?
- Do I need a backdrop?
- How should place my buildings? Are there any rules of thumb?
- How do I create bodies of water (lakes streams and waterfalls)?
- How do I place trees and accessories in my display?
You'll also get great tips on:
- Skirting your display board so you can hide cords and boxes
- Creating your own mountains from materials on hand.
- Cutting Styrofoam bases for your houses.
- Creating your own snow.
For experienced collectors, we thought the book also held great value.
Elizabeth includes six free bonuses covering instructions for creating
your own landscaping accessories, such as stone walls, bridges, and
for Your Collectible Houses is available online for only $17.56.
It's worth a look!